Stay up to date with the latest news about DCRI and Duke cardiovascular thought leader presentations at this year’s Scientific Sessions of the American Heart Association in Philadelphia.
Late Breaking Clinical Trials
DCRI Thought Leaders have plenty of science to share this year. View the Late Breaking Clinical Trials our faculty and operational leadership are involved in, as well as the full schedule of presentations.
- Apple Heart Study: Apple Watch App Identifies Clinically Important Arrhythmias Other Than Atrial Fibrillation: Results from the Apple Heart Study
- DCRI Collaborator: Christopher Granger, MD
- The Comparative Effectiveness and Costs of Impella vs. Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump in the United States
- DCRI Collaborator: Sunil Rao, MD
- FUEL: Results from the Pediatric Heart Network’s Fontan Udenafil Exercise Longitudinal Trial
- DCRI Collaborator: Kevin Hill, MD
- ISCHEMIA: Results for the Ischemia Trials: To Intervene or Not to Intervene
- DCRI Collaborators: Karen Alexander, MD; Daniel Mark, MD; Sean O'Brien, PhD; Frank Rockhold,PhD
- RENAL AF: Apixaban versus Warfarin for Stroke Prevention in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis and Atrial Fibrillation: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial Assessing Safety
- DCRI Presenter: Sean Pokorney, MD, MBA
- DCRI Collaborators: Hussein Al-khalidi, PhD; Christopher Granger, MD; Renato Lopes, MD, PhD; Kevin Thomas, MD; Christopher Granger, MD; Pat Dignacco
- TWILIGHT: Ticagrelor With Aspirin or Alone in High-Risk Patients After Coronary Intervention for Acute Coronary Syndrome
- DCRI Collaborators: Mitchell Krucoff, MD; E. Magnus Ohman, MD
News and Highlights
- AHA 2019: Data Highlight Differences in Discrimination of Noninvasive CAD Testing November 18, 2019 – A new analysis of a DCRI study revealed ...
- AHA 2019: Stent Thrombosis is Rare but Serious in Patients with AF and Recent PCI November 16, 2019 – Rates of stent thrombosis were lowest in patients ...
- DCRI Contributes to Important Results Presented at AHA 2019 November 16, 2019 –The DCRI served as the statistical and data coordinating ...
- AHA 2019: Type 2 Myocardial Infarction Results in Higher Risk Than Type 1 November 16, 2019 – Patients who experienced Type 2 myocardial infarction were ...
- DCRI Teams With American Heart Association to Conduct Pragmatic Clinical Trials and Pursue Implementation Science November 15, 2019 – The innovative collaboration will enable real-world data from ...
- DCRI to Partner With Amgen on Large-Scale Registry November 15, 2019 – By enrolling 8,500 high-risk patients with a recent ...